Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sour Cream Banana Cake

Bananas looking like these are often found disgusting by Ian and eventually find its way to the trash bin....fast.
Uggh....blackish brown dots on a once smooth yellow peel.


But these overly ripe bananas are the main ingredient to a super yummy banana BREAD...or CAKE...whatever you want to call it.
And since I have'nt purchased a loaf pan and would have to settle with my cake pans, I choose the latter.
Who cares....


See?  I get to bake this moist sour cream banana cake and practice my ruffle technique piping as well.


I guess I still need practice on the piping.......a LOT more PRACTICE.

SOUR CREAM BANANA CAKE


I used the following ingredients    :
1 stick of salted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
2 overly ripe bananas (mashed),  I think I put in 3.
1 tsp vanilla extract 
1 cup cake flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
( I used Bensdorp )
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup sour cream
( I used Nestle Sour Cream )
3/4 cup mini chocolate drops ( I used Callebaut )
At the last minute before putting in the oven, I decided to add Pecans.
DIRECTIONS     :
 Butter 6" cake pans.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mash the banana using a fork.  ( I left a few chunks and not totally mashed everything to a baby food like consistency )
Cream butter and sugar together.  Stir in egg, mashed banana, vanilla, and sour cream. Mix until well blended.
Add in cake flour, cocoa powder and baking soda.  Mix until just incorporated.  ( I am always careful not to overmix my batter )
Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.  Pour the batter into prepared pans and bake for 45 mins.

You can have it straight from the oven, enjoy it warm or cold.
Or..... smother with cream cheese frosting. Yummy.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING 
Beat 1 bar Philadelphia Cream cheese with 1 stick butter until smooth and creamy.  Add 3 cups sifted confectioners sugar gradually.  Beat until smooth.  You may add more sugar until you get the right piping consistency or thin it out with a tsp of milk.


Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...