Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Christmas really is the most wonderful time of the year.
I like....no, I love Christmas!

I love the cool breeze of December.
I love the festive lights of every building and house.
I love the joyous feeling it brings - puts a smile on every person I meet.

There's so much to love about the season and here are a few....

FAMILY....a Christmas that is ours.=)



Thank God for SKYPE....a call that completes it all.



FAMILY GATHERINGS......As a child, I look forward to Christmas Eve.  It has always been a tradition in my Mom's side of the family ( from her siblings and partners, my cousins, down to trusted helpers ) to gather for Noche Buena.  There'll be endless catching up, family presentations, gift giving, and just simply enjoying each others company.  But now that we have grown up...some moved to another country, some started their own family - myself included, Christmas gatherings came to an end. =(

 Nonetheless, I started building a new tradition.

 I get to spend Christmas Eve with my family.....

and Christmas day with Ian's....


And I find myself looking forward to it every year.=)

COOKING.....Do you ever feel that there are just too many things you want to do during this season?  Planning the perfect menu is one thing.  December is the only month I do a lot of cooking....and now, even baking. *wink*  ( Orders just kept coming....it sure is a busy month for me. )



Simplicity would be my theme.

Simplicity would be my theme.

After all, sharing HEARTY LAUGHS is more meaningful - whatever food is on the table.=)





Now who would forget GIFT GIVING?
Sure, a lot of us love receiving presents.
I do....so bring it on!=)




But I love giving more.  I get a kick out of thinking about what to give and scouring the mall for gifts to give.
We can never compare the smile on our loved one's face with the value of our gift.

Blessing others by sharing the blessings we received for the year truly warms my heart.
With the recent tragic event that struck our brethren in CDO, let's reach out.
I know times are hard but let's go beyond family and spread the holiday cheer.

In the end, we will feel most blessed.

And no matter how hectic our Christmas gets, let's be reminded of the true meaning of it all.

JESUS CHRIST!

The greatest gift we have ever received.=)

Happy Holidays everyone.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...